KCIC assists clients with reporting paid claims in accordance with Medicare, Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007 Section 111 (MMSEA) guidelines for all non-group health plans (NGHP). The following responsibilities can be performed by KCIC:
- Assist with Medicare account setup and mandatory testing to bring the account into production status.
- Interface with the account's representative to verify all reporting requirements are completed.
- Collaborate with the client's claims administrator to compile needed information relating to claims paid during the reporting period.
- Identify claims data issues to be reconciled to verify the information reported is in the correct format and complies with the rules set forth by CMS.
- Query the CMS database on a regular basis to determine each claimant's current Medicare beneficiary status.
- Maintain records of claimants reported and their Medicare beneficiary status.
- Compile and translate necessary information into the CMS system to make reports within the clients allotted reporting period.